Listen to the Interview
Hello and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 24. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Nathan Morgan, an SEO specialist and remote worker who has been living in Chiang Mai for the past 3 months. He’s also a fellow participant on The Remote Trip program.
In this week’s episode, Nathan shares his story on becoming a digital nomad. He talks about his realization that he didn’t work for someone else, his experiences running his first business, and how he’s liking Chiang Mai so far.
Follow Nathan at:
- Summary of Nathan’s story- 1:30
- His thought process after college – 3:30
- How he realized that he couldn’t work for someone else – 6:30
- Starting an iPhone repair business – 9:00
- How he got into SEO – 11:00
- How he got his first few clients – 13:00
- The business model of running an SEO venture – 15:00
- Building a reputation – 16:30
- Transitioning into a digital nomad lifestyle – 18:00
- What his family and friends thought – 20:30
- Expectations versus reality – 21:30
- Professional and social life in Chiang Mai – 23:00
- Favorite things in Chiang Mai – 24:30
- Taking a break from Chiang Mai and visiting the Thai countryside – 26:30
- Advice for digital nomads – 28:30
- Nathan’s professional goals for 2017 – 30:30
- Amazon FBA – 31:30
- Nathan’s personal goals for 2017 – 33:30
- Slow travel vs digital nomadic lifestyle – 34:30
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Nathan for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.