Listen to the Interview
Hello, and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 32. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Lou Redmond, a speaker, and meditation instructor. He is the author of “Find Your Truth”, a story of self-discovery, in which he takes you through his transformative personal journey and shares lessons that he’s learned to help you find a deeper purpose in life.
Growing up, Lou experienced the pressure of trying to fit in and follow the crowd, something that many others can relate to. This feeling caused him to turn away from many of his dreams and led him to pursue the conventional path out of college and dabble with recreational drugs.
Until one day, Lou couldn’t stand it anymore and decided to make a change in his life. In this interview, Lou shares how he made these changes through attending a local meetup for entrepreneurs, reading books, meditating and more.
His story is a testament to how anyone can make a change in their lives if they have the fortitude to take the initiative and put in the hard work required.
Let’s dive into it.
Get in touch with Lou:
- Outwitting the Devil – Napoleon Hill
- Lynchpin – Seth Godin
- Poke the Box – Seth Godin
- Never Eat Alone – Keith Ferrazzi
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Paramahansa Yogananda
- Conversations with God– Neale Donald Walsch
- Headspace – mobile application
- Insight Timer – top free meditation app
- PBS Special with Wayne Dyer
- Lou’s story
- How he tried to conform and fit in while growing up
- How this continued in college
- The importance of the environment you put yourself in
- The importance of purpose
- First time raving and taking recreational drugs
- Lou’s breaking point
- The meeting that changed his life
- The single piece of advice he got
- How meditation changed his life
- Benefits of meditation
- Lou’s meditation practice
- Top resources for meditation
- The Kundalini Awakening
- Lou’s goals for the year
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Lou for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.