Listen to the Interview
Hello, and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 20. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Josh Hoffman from Epic Freelancing, a website and podcast that helps you become the best freelancer you can be. Josh is also an international content marketing consultant, strategist, instructor and speaker.
In the week’s episode, we focus on topics such as how freelancers can best market themselves and why being uncomfortable is key to personal growth.
Josh is currently in Chiang Mai, Thailand after living in Tel Aviv, Israel for the past four years.
- Josh’s Personal Website: http://www.joshoffman.com/
- Epic Freelancing Website: http://epicfreelancing.com
Time Stamped Notes:
- Why the corporate life was not for him (4:00)
- Why building something from scratch is the best feeling in the world (6:15)
- Why money isn’t everything (10:15)
- On taking one step back to take two steps forward (12:00)
- On identify skills you have that you can get paid for (16:00)
- How to learn on someone else’s dime (18:00)
- What marketing really is (23:00)
- Why word-of-mouth is not a marketing strategy (24:00)
- 3 things he recommends freelancers do to market themselves effectively (25:00)
- Moving to Tel Aviv after a ten-day trip (29:00)
- Act local, think global (33:00)
- LinkedIn marketing 101 (36:00)
- How to build your network by giving talks (40:00)
- The dangers of being comfortable (43:00)
- His passion for teaching other freelancers to succeed through his website and podcast Epic Freelancing (44:00)
- The difference being content versus being happy (48:00)
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Josh for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.