Listen to the Interview
Hello, and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 27. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Fab Mackojc, cofounder of Jetmojo, a natural travel supplement that helps travelers avoid jetlag. He is also the host of The Journey podcast, where he showcases individuals who have chosen unconventional careers and dives into their stories.
Fab’s journey has taken him from Melbourne, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Houston, San Francisco and all over the world as he worked remotely as a web developer for Groupon.
Like me, Fab is a big believer in self-improvement and believes in focusing on the journey as opposed to the destination. Both of us have approached content creation the same way and it’s so great to meet someone who shares similar values.
In this podcast, Fab shares his story of learning how to code by attending Dev Bootcamp, transitioning from an in-office role to a remote position within Groupon and deciding to start his own company to satisfy his entrepreneurial desires.
Links We Discussed:
- Fab’s story – 1:15
- Traveling while growing up – 3:30
- Getting into programming – 7:00
- His experience taking an in-person coding bootcamp: Dev Bootcamp – 11:00
- Why coding is the most bang-for-your-buck skill to learn – 15:30
- Working at Groupon – 18:00
- How he became a remote employee – 19:00
- Why he wanted to work remotely – 21:00
- Two years of traveling – 23:00
- Starting a remote company – 27:00
- The moment he decided to quit his job – 31:00
- Taking responsibility for your life – 35:30
- Why he started his podcast The Journey – 37:00
- Fab’s three buckets to a fulfilling life – 47:00
- Starting Jetmojo and combating jetlag – 51:00
- How Jetmojo helps travelers deal with jetlag – 55:30
- Fab’s goals for 2017 – 58:00
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Fab for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.