Listen to the Interview
Hello, and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 30. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Christopher Dodd, also known as Chris the Freelancer. Chris is one of the most well-known YouTubers in the digital nomad space. He is known for creating thoughtful and informative content that showcases the digital nomad lifestyle.
I’m so thrilled to share this interview because we cover some topics that have never been shared before. For example, Chris shares stories from before he became Chris the Freelancer and decided to become a digital nomad.
In addition, we talk about Chris’ experience starting his YouTube channel, his content creation process, and advice he has for aspiring content creators.
I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Chris during my month-long stay in Chiang Mai and I hope you enjoy this episode.
Links We Discussed:
- Chris The Freelancer YouTube Channel
- Nomad Fit YouTube Channel
- Living Under $600 in Thailand | Chiang Mai Cost of Living Guide
- Summary of Chris’ story
- How he changed his major three times in college
- How he decided to leave the corporate world
- His thoughts on self-improvement
- How he planned his transition to the digital nomad lifestyle 6 months before graduation
- Getting Started with YouTube
- Taking a step back from freelancing
- The early beginnings of the Chris the Freelancer channel
- How he brainstorms video ideas
- How he knew he hit the sweet spot with his content
- Why he values processes over goals and his main focus for 2017
- Why there are less digital nomad content creators
- His 4 steps to follow for new content creators
- Market research – look at the space and what other content creators are doing
- Scratching your own itch – create video content that you would want to watch
- Audience feedback – listen to what your audience is saying
- Create great content – make sure your content is better than what’s out there
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Chris for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.