Listen to the Interview
Hello and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 22. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Bryan Teare, a coach and the host of the Quarter Life Comeback podcast who is based in Cape Town, South Africa. Bryan is on a mission to help twenty-somethings create their own path in life.
In this week’s episode, Bryan shares his experiences as a Millennial who followed the conventional path and thought he had his life planned out, before hitting the dreaded Quarter Life Crisis. He shares how he overcame uncertainty to take back control of his life.
We discuss concepts like purpose, goal setting, success and how the only way to truly find your purpose is through experimentation and trying new things.
Exclusive Freebie for The Remote Podcast Listeners:
Bryan is generously giving away a free e-book containing 5 exercises that will help you start developing self-awareness. This deal is exclusive for The Remote Podcast listeners. Use it to get started on many of the concepts we discussed in this episode!
- (TEDx Talk) Refusing to Settle: The Quarter-Life Crisis | Smiley Poswolsky
- QLC 017: The Psychology of Millennials at Work with Caroline Beaton
- Self-Awareness E-Book
- Brian Johnson
- Monk Who Sold His Ferrari | Robin Sharma
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich (Blog)
- School of Greatness | Lewis Howes
- Finding Joe (Documentary)
- Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005
- Neil Diamond: Why do societies collapse? (TED Talk)
Follow up with Bryan:
Time Stamped Notes:
- Overview of Bryan’s story – 2:00
- What the Quarter Life Crisis is – 4:00
- How he realized he wasn’t happy – 9:00
- The importance of trying different things – 12:30
- What he learned from a WhatsApp message from his dad – 14:00
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to reach out for help – 18:00
- On deciding to travel after quitting his job – 20:00
- Achieving clarify through removing yourself from your environment – 21:00
- Why “finding your purpose” is a buzz phrase – 23:00
- How to find your purpose the right way – 24:30
- Using big goals as beacons to guide you – 29:00
- How to set goals effectively – 30:30
- Why things don’t have to be perfect – 33:30
- The 80/20 rule – 35:30
- Importance of living an intentional life – 38:00
- Definition of success – 41:30
- Bryan’s tips for people who are unhappy with their lives – 43:00
- Bryan’s recommended resources and people to follow – 48:00
- Bryan’s goals for 2017 – 50:30
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Bryan for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.